Cloud 9 Crochet Slippers
Get ready to step on cloud 9. These crochet slippers are like walking on clouds. The pipsqueak yarn is so soft and fluffy it’s really like a dream. I hope these slippers keep your feet warm and cozy.
The soles of these slippers are made using Phentex Craft and Slipper yarn. While this is a great yarn for soles due to its strength, colourfastness and its resistance to staining, mildew, abrasion, and sunlight. While it is great for soles it can be a little slippery, I picked up some puff t-shirt paints to add to the soles and recently came across this super neat idea by KT and the Squid. She uses Plasti Dip Spray to make the entire sole non slip! Check out the tutorial HERE.
The inside soles are made using Bernat Pipsqueak, this yarn is so soft it’s like walking on a cloud!
The pattern is for the slippers only, I have been working on a few different bootie patterns as add on to these slippers, check them out.
Cloud 9 Crochet Slippers Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- Extra Small 5/6 (22.8-23.1 cm)
- Small Ladies 6/7 (23.5-24.1 cm)
- Medium Ladies 7/8 (24.5-24.8 cm)
- Large Ladies 8/9 (25.1-25.4 cm)
- Extra Large 9/10 (25.4-25.7 cm)
Pattern is written for extra small with larger sizes in parenthesis.
- US J10/6.00mm
- US K10.5/6.50mm
- 1 ball (164 yd / 150 m) Phentex Slipper & Craft Yarn
- 1 ball (120 yd / 109 m) Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn
- 1 ball (315 yds / 288m) Caron Simply Soft Yarn
- hdc-dec – yarn over, insert hook into next st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, insert hook into next st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw a loop up through all loops on hook.
- fpdc – Front Post Double Crochet
- fpdc-dec – yo, insert hook under post of next st, yo, draw up through st, yo, draw up through 2 loops on hook, yo, insert hook under post of next st, yo, draw up through st, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook, yo, draw through remaining 3 loops
Notes: Use a stitch marker in the beg st and keep count as you can easily get lost.
Pattern now includes Extra Small and Extra Large Sizing and there is an included chart for the first 3 rounds of soles and a chart for the body.
I recently started hooking up a pair of cloud 9 slippers and decided to work up a boot pattern, but this is not what I wanted to do with this pair of slippers so I only made one boot which I will frog. Be on the look out for a new pair of booties soon! (To get the Cloud 9 Boot Pattern click the image of the boot below in the Booties section.)
Cloud 9 Crochet Slippers Pattern..
(Click on the pink download arrow for download options.)
Have you made your own Crochet Cloud 9 Crochet Slippers? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.