Cupids Sweet Hearts Crochet Booties
Recently I published the cloud 9 crochet slippers and have been working on a few ways to finish them as booties. I wrote up this pattern and tested out one of the sizes. There is no way that I will find enough testers to be able to post this pattern any time soon so here it is.
Please note that because this pattern is not tested there could be mistakes, if you happen to find any PLEASE comment below to let me know so that I may update the pattern. If you work up a pair of your own Cupids Sweet Hearts Crochet Booties please ‘Hook Up‘ your project on Ravelry. Make sure to add it to your Ravelry Favourites and/or queue.
The soles of these slippers are made using Phentex Craft and Slipper yarn. While this is a great yarn for soles due to its strength, colourfastness and its resistance to staining, mildew, abrasion, and sunlight. While it is great for soles it can be a little slippery, I picked up some puff t-shirt paints to add to the soles and recently came across this super neat idea by KT and the Squid. She uses Plasti Dip Spray to make the entire sole non slip! Check out the tutorial HERE.
The inside soles are made using Bernat Pipsqueak, this yarn is so soft it’s like walking on a cloud!
Just in time for Valentines around the corner, here’s the first pair of Cloud 9 Booties..
Cupids Sweet Hearts Crochet Booties Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- Extra Small 5/6 (22.8-23.1 cm)
- Small Ladies 6/7 (23.5-24.1 cm)
- Medium Ladies 7/8 (24.5-24.8 cm)
- Large Ladies 8/9 (25.1-25.4 cm)
- Extra Large 9/10 (25.4-25.7 cm)
Pattern is written for extra small with larger sizes in parenthesis.
- US J10/6.00mm
- US K10.5/6.50mm
- 1 ball (164 yd / 150 m) Phentex Slipper & Craft Yarn
- 1 ball (120 yd / 109 m) Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn
- 1 ball (315 yds / 288m) Caron Simply Soft Yarn will need a 2nd colour for the hearts.
- hdc-dec – yarn over, insert hook into next st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, insert hook into next st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw a loop up through all loops on hook.
- fpdc – Front Post Double Crochet
- fpdc-dec – yo, insert hook under post of next st, yo, draw up through st, yo, draw up through 2 loops on hook, yo, insert hook under post of next st, yo, draw up through st, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook, yo, draw through remaining 3 loops
- long hdc – work a hdc in the prev row
- yo – yarn over
- invisible join
- When working hdc in the sc worked in the ch1 sp of the heart I insert my hook through the stitch as shown below and through to the back of your work then completing the hdc. This will help to keep your stitch together.
- Use a stitch marker in the beg st and keep count as you can easily get lost.
- Pattern is worked with 2 strands of yarn throughout.
- Chart pattern for slippers are available here.. http://dearestdebi.com/cloud-9-crochet-slippers
- I carried up the yarn between colour changes so I didn’t have to cut the yarn and weave in a bunch of ends. Just make sure when caring up the yarn that you don’t pull it too tight making the work pucker.
Cupids Sweet Hearts Crochet Booties Photo Tutorial..
When starting the ribbed body work through BOTH layers of the soles by inserting hook into Phentex sole then the Pipsqueak sole.
Finding the beginning stitch of your soles, Righty..
Before starting Rnd 8 make sure to mark off front stitches as listed in pattern.
Cupids Sweet Hearts Crochet Booties Pattern..
(Click on the pink download arrow for download options.)
Have you made your own Cupids Sweet Hearts Crochet Booties? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.