Queen of Hearts Crown
Queen of Hearts Crown was made yesterday, a Sunday afternoon project. I have been staring at this bright red Caron Simply Soft Yarn wondering what to make with it. I was browsing around online looking at shawl pattern and out of nowhere I got an idea.. a queen of hearts crown!
I’ve made the pattern in newborn sizing and have included instructions to increase the sizing. Can be made to any size! I also went looking in the basement through my craft supplies for some beads to add but I found none that would work with red. Beads are optional and the instructions are not included in the pattern but can be easily added in. If you need some help adding beads check out my Flower Girl Crown for more details.
Queen of Hearts Crown Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Size: Newborn (Can be made in other sizing, see notes.)
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in 2 colours. Master colour = White/Alternate colour = Red
Hook: US I9/5.50mm
Supplies: Beads (Optional, add to MC before starting, directions for beads not included, add when working ch1 in last row of work.)
Gauge: 7 hdc = 2 inches
- hdc foundation chain – there is a neat way to join your foundation chain HERE.
- long hdc – work a hdc in the prev row
- tr – triple crochet
- When working hdc in the sc worked in the ch1 sp of the heart I insert my hook through the stitch as shown below and through to the back of your work then completing the hdc. This will help to keep your stitch together.
- Pattern is worked in multiples of 7, for every 7 stitches added add 2 inches. Pattern is for newborn sizing which is 14”.
- For those who do not like to work with a foundation hdc you can start row 1 with Ch 49, making sure not to twist work join with sl st to beg ch, ch 1, hdc in each ch around, join with sl st to beg ch. (49 ch)
Queen of Hearts Crown Pattern..
|Create Date||February 24, 2014|
|Last Updated||February 2, 2015|
To download Queen of Hearts Crown please complete one of the following options..
Have you made your own Queen of Hearts Crown? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.