Crochet Flower Girl Crown
Crochet Flower Girl Crown is for my little doll who will be turning 3 years old in a week. I’ve gone out and got her some new clothes and a baby alive doll. She is the most caring little girl, she takes such good care of her dolls like they are real children, except when she throws them out of her bed in the middle of the night. haha
I wanted to make something crocheted for her and have of course left it down to the last minute to do so. The idea came to me last night when I was picking out colours of yarn to use for my next video tutorial. I was picking out colours to film my Crochet Flower Bud Headband pattern when I got the idea that I could implement the headband into a Crochet Flower Girl Crown.
Crochet Flower Girl Crown Pattern Notes…
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- Toddler 3 years – Sizing is in (brackets) – I made this for my daughter who is turning 3, her head currently measures 19″
- Adult – follow the yarn, hook and gauge information from my Crochet Flower Bud Headband pattern working up the toddler sizing in this pattern.
You will need 8 beads for newborn, 12 beads for toddler and a needle small enough to thread the yarn through the beads.
- v-st – dc, ch 1, dc in same st.
- long hdc – hdc in the spaces created between v-sts from rnd 4.
- Popcorn Stitch (Pop-St) – 5 dc in same st, on last stitch draw up a 1″ loop, remove hook, insert hook beside first dc in behind the 5 dc, attach loop onto hook and draw up a loop.
7 sts = 2 inches wide
Crochet Flower Girl Crown Video Tutorial..
ch 1, tr in same st, 3 dc in same st, sk 2 sts, sl st in next st, repeat from * around. If your beads are facing inside your crown you can roll them out and up to bring them to the front of your work. (8, 12 peaks)
Using a yarn needle I took a strand of yarn and sewed around from the inside coming out in the center of the buds to pull them into the crown.
Crochet Flower Girl Crown Pattern..
(Click on the pink download arrow for download options.)
Have you made your own Crochet Flower Girl Crown? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.