Crochet Scoodie Snow Bear Kid
Crochet Scoodie Snow Bear Kid is the toddler/child sized crochet snow bear scoodie. To work this pattern you will need to download the original pattern and apply the modifications listed below. Now with photos of how to attach the hood to the scarf.
Because the worsted weight yarn I used wasn't really furry I decided to add a trim to the piece. I used 1 ball of Baby Monkey Yarn, it was some yarn that was donated to me at some point, it's made in Italy and is so very soft! It could be substituted for something like Lion Brand Fun Fur Yarn.
Crochet Scoodie Snow Bear Kid Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- Toddler 1 - 3 years
- Child 4-10 years
- 6oz Red Heart Soft Touch Yarn (320 m / 348 yds)
- Optional: Baby Monkey Yarn
Hook: US I9/5.50mm
- When working hood rows hdc's I worked them in the wrong side loop and front loop of the hdc st, by doing this it will force all the ridges to the inside of the hat. It is not necessary that it be done, it’s more for aesthetics purposes.
Gauge: 7 hdc x 6 rows = 2 inch square
- This pattern is modifications only, you will need to download the Adult Crochet Snow Bear Scoodie pattern available HERE.
- **Please note that scarves are not recommended for children playing on school/play equipment. Please only use scoodies with toddlers/children under supervision.**
Attaching the hood & Scarf..
The picture below shows the hood and scarf both folded in half to find the center of each piece, use stitch markers to aline the neck line of the hood onto the scarf then crochet the two pieces together.
I didn't add ears to my piece but if I did, I would use the same yarn and hook with the instructions from the original pattern.
Adding Fun fur..
Looking at the wrong side of your work, insert your hook into the scarf, yarn over, draw up a loop, ch 1, sc evenly around all the edges of the piece.
Crochet Scoodie Snow Bear Kid Pattern..
You will need the Adult Snow Bear Scoodie to work the Toddler and Child sizing.
Have you made your own Crochet Scoodie Snow Bear Kid? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.