Crochet Butterfly Easter Egg
It’s an Easter Egg Crochet Along! This is my 2nd easter egg crochet along. This year I hooked up a Crochet Butterfly Easter Egg. If you remember last year I hosted my Easter Weekend Mystery Fun. It was a lot of fun and there were so many lovely eggs I knew I had to do it again. I figured sometime over the year I would find a stitch to use that would work for an easter egg.
Shortly after making my mandala for Marinke I got the idea to use my butterflies on an egg and they have turned out perfect!
To enter this years Easter Egg crochet along hook up either last years egg (available HERE), this years egg (available below) or the Cupcake Easter Egg (Available HERE). Continue reading for details on how to enter your egg for a chance to win some free patterns.
All 3 eggs take maybe about an hour without any interruptions. Check out my videos on YouTube.
Crochet Butterfly Easter Egg Crochet Along..
To participate in the Crochet Butterfly Easter Egg crochet along you’ll need some worsted weight scrap yarns in easter egg colours, a small amount of stuffing and a US G6/4.00mm hook.
Hook up at least one of my 3 easter eggs or one of each. Let’s fill up social media with a bunch of eggs!. Once you’ve hooked up your egg(s) share them on one of the following..
- Share on my Facebook Wall with the hash tag #hookmagic
- Tweet your image with the hashtag #HookMagic
- Instagram your image with the hashtag #HookMagic
- ‘Hook Up‘ on Ravelry. Use the project button to create a project, if you don’t know how to create a project of your work on Ravelry I’ve made a tutorial to help you along HERE.
Hook Up on Revelry..
- Facebook – 1 winner will win 1 free pattern of choice
- Twitter – 1 winner will win 1 free pattern of choice
- Instagram – 1 winner will win 1 free pattern of choice
- 100 Eggs – If 100 new eggs are hooked up on ravelry, I will make my Crocodile Crochet Bonnet video tutorial public on YouTube.
- Ravelry – All ‘Hook Up‘s’ added to Ravelry will be entered into a random draw to win one of 3 prizes from my Ravelry Shop..
- 3 winners will win one eBook.
- 3 winners will win 3 free patterns of choice.
- 3 winners will win 1 free pattern of choice.
Make sure to ‘Hook Up‘ your project by Monday March 28th, 2016 at Midnight EST.
TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Facebook – Cecelia Edwards – 1 free pattern of choice
- Twitter – Kimberly Addison – 1 free pattern of choice
- Instagram – Andi Williams – 1 free pattern of choice
- We didn’t have enough eggs.
- eBook winners.. candypellerin, Truus35, ceceliapate
- 3 free pattern winners.. tish3185, bejb2012, leenybeany
- 1 free pattern winners.. Andi822, pbeanie30, missbeavis
Crochet Butterfly Easter Egg Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Yarn: Yarn scraps #4 Worsted Weight. (50 yards or less)
(MC – White / AC1 – 2 Easter Colours / AC2 – Butterfly)
Hook: US G6/4.00mm
Size: One Size
Supplies: A handful of stuffing or yarn scraps for stuffing.
- dc-pop-st – 4 dc in same st, on last stitch draw up a 1” loop, remove hook, insert hook into beg dc, attach loop onto hook and draw up a loop.
- hdc-pop-st – 4 hdc in same st, on last stitch draw up a 1” loop, remove hook, insert hook into beg hdc, attach loop onto hook and draw up a loop.
- sc-dec – insert hook in next st, yo, draw up a loop, insert hook into next st, yo, draw you a loop, yo, draw through all loops on hook.
- Do not join unless otherwise specified, pattern is worked in the round, no turning.
- Use a stitch marker in beg st of each rnd so you do not lose your place.
- Carry up MC colour as you work, other colours will be listed when to fasten off.
Crochet Butterfly Easter Egg Video Tutorial..
Crochet Butterfly Easter Egg Pattern..
(Click on the pink download arrow for download options.)