Crochet Cupcake Easter Egg
This Crochet Cupcake Easter Egg is the 3rd Easter egg I’ve hooked up. I used my spring picnic party stitch in the round to make it look like there’s little cupcakes (or flower baskets) on the egg. This is a tricky pattern so I’ve put together some photo help and a video tutorial.
I worked up my egg using bernat dipity dots, this yarn makes it look like cupcakes or spring flower baskets depending on which colours you use. If you don’t have any bernat dipity dots you could always use variegated worsted weight yarn with beads or beads can be sewn on after.
This egg can be made as part of my 2016 Easter Egg Crochet along, for more details about the crochet along, please come back to my blog on Good Friday, March 25th, 2016. See you then!
Crochet Cupcake Easter Egg Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Yarn: Yarn scraps #4 Worsted Weight.
MC – Egg, AC1 – Easter Colours, AC2 – Brown, AC3 – Dipity Dots.
Hook: US G6/4.00mm
Size: One Size
Supplies: A handful of stuffing or yarn scraps for stuffing.
- shell – 3 hdc in same st
- dc-cl – yo, insert hook into shell beg hdc, yo draw up through 2 loops on hook (2 loops on hook), yo, insert hook into next hdc, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook (3 loops on hook), yo, insert hook into next hdc, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook (4 loops on hook), yo, insert hook into next ch1, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook (5 loops on hook), yo, draw through all loops on hook.
- sc-dec – insert hook in next st, yo, draw up a loop, insert hook into next st, yo, draw you a loop, yo, draw through all loops on hook.
- Do not join unless otherwise specified, pattern is worked in the round, no turning.
- Use a stitch marker in beg st of each rnd so you do not lose your place.
- Carry up MC colour as you work, other colours will be listed when to fasten off.
- Need some help with the cupcakes? Check out the images below.
Crochet Cupcake Easter Egg Photo Help..
Click on an image below to view full sized image..
Crochet Cupcake Easter Egg Video Tutorial..
Crochet Cupcake Easter Egg Pattern..
(Click on the pink download arrow for download options.)