Little Miss Flower Newborn Bonnet
After working up the Little Miss Flower Newborn Beanie I got to work right away on the bonnet. I finished the bonnet off with the same ending that I had used for the beanie and as soon as I was finished I thought I should have worked up flowers instead so I took some quick pictures and frogged it so I could add a row of roses to finish of the bonnet. (Wondering what frogging means? That’s when you rip out your work and it kind of sounds like frogs, rip-it, rip-it.)
The bonnet pattern includes both ways to finish the bonnet with my original simple finish (As show at the bottom of this blog post or using the roses as shown below. You get both ways to finish with the bonnet pattern, the beanie pattern is available HERE.
This bonnet is one of those pieces that no matter which way you take a picture you just cannot see it all. It’s one of those pieces that you need to see in 3D!
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- Ice Yarns – Super Baby #2 (100gr/360m) Available at dearestdebi.yarnshopping.com
50 grams or less in 3 colours – White (MC), Green (AC1), Rose (AC2)
- Bernat Baby Softee can be used but it is recommended to go down a hook size to a US G6/4.00mm.
Hook: US G6/4.50mm
Supplies: Optional: Ribbon to close instead of braided ties.
**Please always supervised babies with bonnets, ties and ribbons are not recommended for donations to hospitals.**
- v-st – dc, ch 1, dc in same st.
- scv-st – sc, ch 1, sc in same st.
- Shell – 5 dc in same st.
- fpsc – front post single crochet
- bpsc – back post single crochet
- fpdc – front post double crochet
- bpdc – back post double crochet
- fptr – front post triple crochet
- Popcorn Stitch (Pop-St) – 5 dc in same st, on last stitch draw up a 1″ loop, remove hook, insert hook beside first dc in behind the 5 dc, attach loop onto hook and draw up a loop.
- Working in the center of the pop-st..
Notes: Need help with the first 4 rounds? Check out this video tutorial.. youtu.be/4G2kRL03Mpc
Adding Braided Ties..
**Please always supervised babies with bonnets, ties and ribbons are not recommended for donations to hospitals.** If you are adding braided ties and need some help check out this tutorial.. http://dearestdebi.com/adding-braided-ties
Little Miss Flower Newborn Bonnet Pattern..
(Prices listed are CAN$)
Have you made your own Crochet Little Miss Flower Newborn Bonnet? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.
Shown below is the Little Miss Flower Newborn Bonnet simple finish ..