I will be working up a tutorial for my Crochet Garden Romp octagon. When I made my first Crochet Garden Romp I used a bunch of scrap yarns I had around the house so I’m not sure exactly how much yarn I need so I have included the amounts I have to work with.
For the tutorial, I will not be working the entire afghan. Working the entire piece photographing and filming just takes too long. For this tutorial, I will be using scraps and only will work one of the 8 panels to film. When I’m finished filming I will take photographs of each step as I undo the one panel. When I’ve finished the tutorial I will make the full afghan with the yarns I have.
I have worked up the first 42 rounds (Parts 1 – 6) of my Garden Romp and will continue the Crochet Garden Romp Octagon.
Crochet Garden Romp Octagon Supplies..
Hook: US I9/5.50mm
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver – Get it here 👉Yarnspirations
Colours and Amounts I have to work with (There will be excess yarn when I’m finished I will update amounts when I’ve completed the afghan)
- Soft White (4 Balls – 7 oz/198 grams – 364 yards/333 meters)
- Rouge (1 Ball – 7 oz/198 grams – 364 yards/333 meters)
- Cornmeal (1 Ball – 7 oz/198 grams – 364 yards/333 meters)
- Carrot (1 Ball – 7 oz/198 grams – 364 yards/333 meters)
- Soft Navy (1 Ball – 7 oz/198 grams – 364 yards/333 meters)
- Medium Thyme (1 Ball – 7 oz/198 grams – 364 yards/333 meters)
- Paddy Green (1 Ball – 7 oz/198 grams – 364 yards/333 meters)
- Butterfly (1 Ball – 5 oz/141 grams – 236 yards/215 meters)
For images of the
Crochet Garden Romp Octagon Pattern..
The written pattern can be purchased on Ravelry.
Crochet Garden Romp Octagon Video Tutorial..
I have made a playlist that starts with the first 6 parts of my Garden Romp and will add new sections as I work them up.
I do not have a set schedule for when I will post each section, I will post when they become available. You can subscribe to my channel on YouTube for updates.
Crochet Garden Romp Octagon Video
Subscribe on YouTube for updates
If you’ve made your own Crochet Garden Romp Octagon I’d love to see. ‘Hook up‘ your project on Ravelry.