Ocean Baby Crochet
For this Ocean Baby Crochet set I got a pack of Ice Yarns Magic Baby (You can get it in my yarn shop here -> dearestdebiyarns.com scroll down to see my favorites) Looking for a comparable yarn? Check out this yarn -> Baby Hugs
In this Ocean Baby Crochet set there's a newborn hat and sweater pattern. An afghan can be made out of a matching granny square, or there's an octagon and mini square.
After making the original set I reworked the center design and made a new mini square.
Below is the granny square pattern free to view, all patterns can be purchased individually in my Ravelry shop or all of them together as an eBook.
Ocean Baby Crochet Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Yarn: #2 fine yarn - Ice Yarns - Magic Baby (can substitute any yarn weight and use the recommended hook size on the ball band)
Get the yarn here .. http://dearestdebiyarns.com
Hook: US D3/3.25mm
- Square - 5 inches
- Octagon - 5.5 inches
- Mini Square - 2.5 inches
- Hat & Sweater - Newborn (0-3 months)
- cl-st (cluster stitch) - yo, insert hook into st, yo, draw up a loop, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook, (yo, insert hook into same st, yo, draw up a loop, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook) 2 times, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook.
- fp - front post
- sc-vst - (sc, ch1, sc) in same st.
- hdc-vst - (hdc, ch1, hdc) in same st.
- vst - (dc, ch1, dc) in same st.
- yo - yarn over.
Gauge: 5 sts = 1 inch
Rnd 2: ch 1, (sc in dc, 3 dc in ch1 sp) 8 times, join with
Rnd 3: ch 1, (
Rnd 4: ch 4 (counts as beg dc & ch1), dc in
Rnd 5: ch 1, *(cl-st in next ch1 sp, ch 2) 3 times,
Rnd 6: ch 1, *
Rnd 7: ch 1, (
Rnd 8: ch 2 (counts as beg
Ocean Baby Crochet Video Tutorial..
This pattern is free to view on my blog, a copy of the PDF can be purchased on Ravelry.