Crochet Sweet Hearts Hat
Crochet Sweet Hearts Hat is a pattern written for newborn sizing but includes instructions to do the math for multiple sizing. There’s many more matching sweet hearts crochet patterns available in my sweet hearts collection.
The Crochet Sweet Hearts Hat can be finished off a few different ways. With a sl st finish or as a tube. For a sl st finish, add pom poms or tassels. If you make the tube, you can add a tie to it to make it a cute hat or you can use the tube as a cowl. Add extra length to the tube to make a hooded cowl.
Crochet Sweet Hearts Hat Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Yarn: Bernat Satin Yarn in 2 colours. Master colour = Black/Alternate colour = Pink
- US H8/5.00mm
Newborn. To adjust size increase in multiples of 7.
- hdc foundation chain – Video tutorial HERE, also check out this nifty way to join the hdc foundation chain HERE.
- fphdc – front post half double crochet
- long hdc – work a hdc in the prev row
- yo – yarn over
- (x) – the number of hearts worked per row.
- 9 hdc = 2 inches
- I carried up the yarn between colour changes so I didn’t have to cut the yarn and weave in a bunch of ends. Just make sure when carrying up the yarn that you don’t pull it too tight making the work pucker.
- When working hdc in the sc worked in the ch1 sp of the heart I insert my hook through the stitch as shown below and through to the back of your work then completing the hdc. This will help to keep your stitch together (as shown below).
- Before making my tube I worked up the sl st finish to show how it would look. Add pom poms or tassels to the corners of your hat (marked with hearts in the picture below).
**Crochet Sweet Hearts Hat Pattern..
Have you made your own Crochet Sweet Hearts Hat? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.