Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy
The Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy idea came from Ida Swanepoel who had seen my Crochet Flower Bud Chart Pattern and worked up a beautiful free hand tea cozy using the flower buds. Check out Ida's beautiful cozy HERE.
I have been searching for an idea for a tea cozy pattern for my tea pot but I don't think tea cozies are my specialty, but after seeing Idas beautiful tea cozy I had to try my hand at making myself a Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy.
I'm happy with how my Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy has turned out but tea cozies are definitely not my specialty. I'm going to stick to making what I love, bonnets!
Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Hook: US 7/4.50mm
- v-st - dc, ch 1, dc in same st.
- long hdc - hdc in the spaces created between v-sts from rnd 4.
- Popcorn Stitch (Pop-St) - 5 hdc in same st, on last stitch draw up a 1" loop, remove hook, insert hook into first hdc and back into working loop, draw up a loop.
Size: This Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy was made to fit my tea pot which I believe is a bit smaller then the average tea pot.
- When switching yarn colours I just dropped them without fastening off then picked them back up as needed unless otherwise specified.
- When chaining with the ice yarn magic baby make sure to chain loosely.
I worked up my crochet 3D flower and sewed it to the top opening of the Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy to finish it off.
Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy Pattern..
If you've made a Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy please share your photos on my facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.