Crochet Flower Girl Bonnet
I have been working on the piece that never ends and as always my crochet ADD comes into effect. I had to take a break and spent my Saturday hooking up another bonnet. If you don’t already know I love making bonnets. All little girls should wear them because they are just too cute!
This adorable Crochet Flower Girl Bonnet is available in preemie and newborn sizing.
Crochet Flower Girl Bonnet Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- Preemie US H8/5.00mm
- Newborn US I9/5.50mm
Size: Preemie & Newborn
- fpdc – Front Post Double Crochet
- bpdc – Back Post Double Crochet
- fptr – Front Post Triple Crochet
- Shell – 3 dc in same stitch
- v-st – (dc, ch 1, dc) in same stitch.
- pop-st – 5 dc in same st (A), draw up a 1” loop, remove hook, from the right side of work insert hook into 1 dc and back into working loop (B), draw up a loop.
Gauge: Preemie 4 dc x 2 rows = 1 inch square – Newborn 3.5 dc x 2 rows = 1 inch square
- Throughout the pattern there are the letters A through D which correspond to the help images below.
- If you are going to make this bonnet for a NICU project please do NOT add braided ties, they only get in the way and are not recommended.
(A) Work 5 dc in v-st
Draw up a 1” loop, remove hook, from the back of work insert hook into 1st dc (B)
Row 16 Help..
(C) 5 dc in st behind pop
Turn piece to work along row edges (D)
Adding Braided Ties..
For a tutorial on how to add braids click HERE.