Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse
Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse is my first project ever using Ice Yarns Doll Yarn. When I saw this yarn I just had to get some. I figured a dress or a purse would be super cute to work up. I still have 2 balls left from my bag so I still may work up a dress, only time will tell.
I’ve had my eye on this bag because I like the shape of it. I wanted a 3D texture to my bag so I searched around for some different stitches until I came across a tutorial by Ambassador Crochet for what she calls the ball stitch. It is the perfect stitch for what I wanted! Here’s my Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse.
Check out my Puff Ball Beanies that use the same stitch as this Crochet Fat Bottom Bag, hook up a matching beanie or slouchy hat.
Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- 1 ball of Ice Yarns Doll Yarn (#3 light, 100 g/3.5 oz, 280 meters/306 yards)
- Red Heart Shimmer (Approximately 20 grams/.75 oz)
- Oval Wood Handles (I picked them up at my local Walmart)
- Approximately 21″ square of material
- b-st (Ball Stitch) – yo, insert hook into next st, yo, draw up a loop, (yo, insert hook into same st, yo, draw up a loop) 3 times, yo, draw up through all 9 loops on hook. (Ambassador Crochet has a great photo tutorial for this stitch HERE.)
7 hdc = 2 inches
- Turn work after each row.
- The dolls (and beads) are attached with a larks foot knot to the yarn so you can remove them and place them where you would like them within your project. It’s best to work the dolls in when you are working the hdc only rows.
Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse..
Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse Liner..
Fold your purse in half along the fold of your material, cut your material just a little larger than your bag. I used an iron fold the edges wrong sides touching in .5″ and sewed around all 4 edges.
Set your sewing machine stitch width to the widest setting and stitch along 2 parallel edges making sure to leave long tails at the beginning and end as you will use these to gather your work. Do not gather until specified below.
When attaching material to the handle edge make sure not to work over the stitches that you will use to crochet your handles.
I used a whip stitch to sew in the liner on both the handle edges.
For the purse sides I gathered the bulk of the material into the center with material flat on both sides as shown below. (Need to know how to gather? Check out this tutorial that shows how to do so by hand and sewing machine.) Use a whip stitch to attach the sides.
Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse Handles..
Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse Pattern..
(Click on the pink download arrow for download options.)
Have you made your own Crochet Fat Bottom Bag Doll Purse? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.