Crochet Choose Your Own Adventure ..
Crochet Choose Your Own Adventure .. What adventure will you take? This unisex crochet choose your own adventure pattern is a multi-sized pattern from preemie to Adult mens including a ladies slouch. Can be made as a cloche or a brimmed beanie, add a round of reverse sc to your hat to give it a beautiful finished edging or make it without for a simple finish. You choose your own crochet adventure!
Crochet Choose Your Own Adventure Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Bernat Satin Yarn, Red Heart Soft Yarn, or Caron Simply Soft Yarn (For the largest size I was able to work up the brimmed hat with a ball of Red Heart Soft Yarn which is 5 ounces / 140 grams, 256 yards / 234 meters)
- US J10/6.00mm
- US K10.5/6.50mm
- fpdc – Front Post Double Crochet
- rev-sc – reverse sc
- invisible join
- With US J10/6.00mm hook – (hdc, fpdc) 3 times x 4.5 row = 1.5″ square
- With US K10.5/6.50mm hook – (hdc, fpdc) 2 times x 4 row = 1.5″ square
Gauge Test Swatch:
Pick a size you’d like to work up so you can find what size of hook you need. To test my gauge I ch 11, hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in remaining 9 ch, *ch 1, turn work, (hdc in next st, fpdc in next st) across, rep from * until you have 5-6 rows. Check your swatch gauge to the pattern gauge. If it comes out smaller use a larger hook, if it comes out bigger use a smaller hook.
- Preemie – Work newborn pattern with US J10/6.00mm
- Newborn 0 – 3 Months – Start working with US K10.5/6.50mm
- Baby/Toddler 1 – 3 Years – Start working with US K10.5/6.50mm
- Child 4 – 10 Years – Work Ladies 21-22″ pattern with J10/6.00mm
- Ladies 21″ – 22″ – Start working with K10.5/6.50mm
- Men 23″ – Start working with K10.5/6.50mm
- Ladies Slouch 21″-22″ – Start working with K10.5/6.50mm
If the round does not say to join, do not join, proceed to next step.
Crochet Choose Your Own Adventure Pattern..
The chart shows all the increase rounds for the largest sizing and a 1/4 wedge.
Did you join the adventure? What Adventure did you take? Please share your finished creations on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.