Crochet Bag Liner
Crochet Bag Liner is a tutorial to add a liner to any square or rectangle shaped crochet or even knit bag. Today I'm adding a liner to my Tunisian Crochet Berry Bag.
- A crochet or knit bag to line
- A piece of material big enough for the bag you are lining
- Sewing Machine
**Before getting started, make sure that your material is ironed.**
Measure the width of your bag. My measurement for my bag width is 7.5"
Measure the height of your bag from where you would like the liner to start to the bottom of the bag. My measurement for my bag height is 7.5"
Doing the math..
To make a Crochet Bag Liner you will need to do some basic math to figure out the size of your liner.
For the width of the bag we will want to have a 1/4" seam on each side for a total of 1/2"
7.5" + .5" = 8"
For the height we will want to double our original measurement of 7.5"
7.5" x 2 = 15"
Also for the height we will want to add on a 1/2 inch seam to each side for a total of 1".
15" + 1" = 16"
We will want to cut our material 8" wide by 16" tall.
Prep material for sewing..
Fold material length wise in half with right sides together.
Fold edge opening down (wrong sides together) 1/2".
Your piece of material should look the same as the image below.
Use an iron to press edges.
Sewing Crochet Bag Liner..
- Sew the opening edges on each side 1/4" from the edge for both sides.
- Sew the side seams of the liner 1/4" from the edge of your work.
- Normally I would use my serger to reinforce the side seams but it needs a service so I just used the zigzag stitch on my sewing machine between the edge and the sewn side seam.
Adding Crochet Bag Liner..
Take your liner and insert it into your bag. I sometimes will use pins to hold the liner into place before starting to sew it.
Using a whip stitch, I hand sew in my liners. Using a machine will show the sewing on the outside of the bag. At the top of the liner, insert needle at a 45° angle using a whip stitch to secure bag liner in bag.