Baby Girl Mittens
Baby Girl Mittens Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
Hook: US F5/3.75mm
Size: Newborn (o – 3 Months)
- 40 inches of ribbon, cut in half.
- elastic thread (optional)
- Do NOT join rounds unless otherwise specified.
- Use a stitch marker in beg stitch of each round.
- Esc (extended single crochet): Insert hook into next st, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 1 loop, yo and draw through last 2 loops.
- Esc2tog (extended single crochet decrease): Insert hook under front loop only of next 2 sts, yo and draw a loop through both sts, yo and draw through 1 loop, yo and draw through last 2 loops.
Gauge: 4 esc x 4 rows = 1 inch square
Baby Girl Mittens Pattern..
Ch 9, esc in 2nd ch from hook & the next 6 ch, 3 esc in last ch, now working on the other side of the chain, esc in next 6 ch, 2 esc in last ch (same ch that has the 1st esc). (18 esc)
Rnd 2: 2 esc in beg st, esc in next 6 sts, 2 esc in next st, esc in next st, 2 esc in next st, esc in next 6 sts, 2 esc in next st, esc in last st. (22 esc)
Rnd 3: esc in beg st & next 9 sts, 2 esc in next st, esc in next 10 sts, 2 esc in last st. (24 esc)
Rnd 4: esc in each st around until work measures 2.75 inches (for this round I just leave my stitch marker in the first st worked. I ended up working 7 rounds). (24 esc)
Rnd 5: *esc2tog once, esc in next 4 esc, rep from * around. (20 esc)
Rnd 6: *esc in next st, ch 1, sk 1 st, rep from * around, join with sl st to beg esc. (20 sts)
Rnd 7: *5 hdc in ch 1 sp, sl st in esc, rep from * around, join with sl st to esc, fasten off, weave in ends. (10 Shells)
This pattern is free to view on my blog, a PDF of the pattern can be purchased in my Ravelry shop.
Have you made your own Crochet Baby Girl Mittens? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.