This blog uses affiliate ads. I only recommend online shops, products and services I myself use. Free patterns = more $$ for yarn and the best way to keep patterns free is to share links!
Crochet Jack Skellington Beanie
Crochet Jack Skellington Beanie is inspired after one of my most favourite movies, The nightmare before Christmas. The perfectionist in me has avoided making anything from the movie until I felt I could justify making something that looks perfect to me. That’s a hard to thing to do because after all an artist is their own worst critic.
In the past I’ve made two beanies in attempt to make a newborn Jack beanie, but they were just basic beanies so I never bothered to continue with them. I also have tried a few times to get the eyes right to no avail. I guess the 3rd times a charm because this is my 3rd attempt at a Crochet Jack Skellington Beanie.
I finally figured out just how I wanted to make this beanie after working up my Crochet Cupcake Newborn Beanie. I made it more like a ball on the head as apposed to the usual straight down beanie and I finally did it!! I worked a reverse sc edging in one of my patterns. People complain about this stitch but it’s really not that bad, just work outside the box.
My Jack looks like an angry Jack.. You can make Jacks face any way you want, there are so many possibilities!
Crochet Jack Skellington Beanie Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
US I9/5.50mm & US E4/3.50mm
Caron Simply Soft Yarn White & Black. (I used almost an entire 6 oz ball of white to make both the hat and lovey)
Newborn (0-3 Months)
7 hdc x 5 row = 2 inch square
- Working in back loops
- fphdc (front post half double crochet) For a video tutorial click HERE.
- rsc – reverse sc
- invisible join
- Do not join unless otherwise specified.
- Use a stitch marker in your beg st of each rnd.
Crochet Jack Skellington Beanie Pattern..
|Create Date||November 29, 2013|
|Last Updated||February 2, 2015|
To download Jack Skellington Beanie Newborn please complete one of the following options..
Have you made a Crochet Jack Skellington Beanie? Please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.
One of my testers recently worked up a Zero Lovey and I was able to test out her pattern. This is the perfect photography prop set for any fan of The Nightmare before Christmas that is expecting a little baby. I worked up a few changes to the pattern as listed below.
- Used a US H8/5.00mm hook instead of the recommended J10/6.00mm hook.
- When finishing off the head/nose, I didn’t work the last round of work, instead I worked a sl st into the next st then fastened off.
- Made the nose orange instead of red. Zero’s nose is a mini pumpkin.
- For the ears, too out a couple of the rows near the end to make them a little bit shorter.
- For the eyes, I worked up the eyes from my Jack pattern above to give them a little more definition.
The pattern for the Zero Lovey can be found HERE.
Hook up your Zero Lovey on Ravelry..