This blog uses affiliate ads. I only recommend online shops, products and services I myself use. Free patterns = more $$ for yarn and the best way to keep patterns free is to share links!
Crochet Cactus Tea Cozy
Crochet Cactus Tea Cozy is inspired by Ida’s beautiful work. She has created some of the most beautiful Crochet Tea Cozies. Her work has inspired me to create my own Crochet Rose Bud Tea Cozy and now this awesome Crochet Cactus Tea Cozy. You can check out Ida’s beautiful crochet work on Pinterest.
Crochet Cactus Tea Cozy Pattern Notes..
Click HERE for pattern difficulty ratings.
- ch up – Chain Up – Insert your hook into the first st, yo, draw up a loop, you will have 2 loops on your hook, yo, draw up through both loops on hook, insert your hook into the center of the stitch you just created, yo, draw up a loop, you will now have 2 stitches on your hook, yo draw through both loops on hook. (If you have trouble with this method you can use a ch3 instead.)
- fpdc – Front Post Double Crochet
- bpdc – Back Post Double Crochet
- yo – Yarn Over
Gauge: 7 dc x 4 rows of pattern = 2”
- Turn work at the beginning of each row.
- ch up counts as 1st dc.
- If you do not know how to make a magic ring for the cozy top you can ch 3, join with sl st to beg ch to form a ring, continue working row.
Attaching top to sides..
Line up your top ribs with the side ribs. You will have 2 extra ribs and they will line up with the first row of dc and the last row of dc as pictured below.
Using a whip stitch sew the top to the sides.
Adding Fun Fur..
Sew fun fur in and out of your stitches between ribbing.
Add finishing touches to you Crochet Cactus Tea Cozy by adding a Crochet Cactus Flower. Pattern for the flower available HERE.
Crochet Cactus Flower Pattern..
|Create Date||November 29, 2013|
|Last Updated||November 15, 2014|
If you’ve made a crochet cactus tea cozy please share your pictures on my Facebook WALL or hook up your project on Ravelry.